Location: Heywood, Manchester
Position Title: Goods In Operative
The role is based in the Goods in department which receives parts to be assembled for highly complex vacuum metallizing machinery.
Management of Self:
* Adhere to all Health & Safety regulations to ensure no possibility of endangering self or colleagues
* A clean, safe and orderly storage area to be maintained at all times.
* Unloading of goods using a forklift truck.
* Receipting deliveries using the companies ERP system.
* Ensuring all receipted parts are labelled and delivered to their designated area.
* Identifying and reporting discrepancies to the purchasing & service department, supporting where necessary.
* Ensuring consumable stock levels are maintained.
* Occasionally collecting orders from suppliers.
* Attend weekly meetings with your line manager
* Fork Lift Truck Operation.
* Operate the crane using company lifting / slinging procedures
* Maintenance of the Goods In Office and Areas
Critical Skills and Personal Attributes
Functional and personal skills:
* Enthusiastic and flexible approach to your work.
* Working knowledge of ERP systems.
* Ability to prioritise and organise workload
* Able to work unsupervised, on own initiative
* Attention to detail with a willingness to learn.
* Team working is essential
Education and Experience:
* Experience of working in a busy assembly / manufacturing environment would be an advantage
* Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence is desirable, but can be trained
* Experience of using a crane would be useful but can be trained
For further information regarding these positions and to arrange an interview please contact Time Recruitment on 0161 238 9772 /Olga or email