Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Ribble Valley, Lancashire
£32,500 – £35,000 (D.O.E)
Time Recruitment is happy to be assisting a market leader within the FMCG industry. Their passion is creating happiness through its food products.
Having been established for almost 60 years, they have been supplying high quality, chilled food
produced in Europe to the major retailers and food service businesses in the UK.
Since they were established, there unique category insight has enabled them to identify market trends, positioning them as category leaders in a wide range of products – from continental meats to chilled olives,
antipasti and continental morning goods – that have fundamentally changed the eating habits of the UK.
Due to continued growth they are now looking to expand their team of engineers and are now looking for a skilled and experienced Maintenance Engineer who is electrical bias (60/40).
The successful candidate will support the Engineering Manager and the Production/Engineering Team on site with trouble shooting faults and using corrective action to ensure production downtime is kept to an absolute minimum.
Ideally they are looking for a good all-rounder. Someone who is flexible, hardworking and would like to have an opportunity in the food industry. However i must stress that the conditions are cold and wet and our peaks are in Summer and Christmas. During the peaks, there may be a requirement for 6 day working but overtime pay is available. We are a close knit team so fit is essential.
Electrical Bias: Small 3 phase/single phase, servo, stepper motors, inverters and servo drives. An advantage would be load cells, multi-head weighing and sensor technology, including laser and ultrasonic. We would accept 60/40.
* Perform reactive and proactive maintenance on a variety of packaging and process equipment
* Carry out regular maintenance, PPMs and reactive, where directed
* Troubleshoot breakdowns across a range of equipment to provide minimal downtime
* Support Line Leaders and Production to facilitate production efficiency
* Perform ancillary building maintenance around the site and outlying buildings
* Maintain documentation to provide historical records of breakdowns and PPMs
* Ensure all required paperwork is kept maintained and up to date throughout the department.
* Involvement with a number of projects from machinery upgrades to building work
* Identify spares requirements and maintain stock levels as needed
* Operate in a safe manner, ensuring at all times, any risk to self and others, is kept to a minimum
* Work with production to facilitate optimum running time of lines
* Communicate technical & operational issues, quickly & effectively to relevant departments
* Attend meetings and deputise for the Senior Engineer when needed
* Lead projects and improvements and meet due dates
(E – Essential) (D – Desirable)
* ONC/HNC/NVQ Level 3 Engineering and Maintenance (E)
* Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene (E – but training can be required if don’t hold)
* Essential Hygiene and Chemical Awareness (E – training will be provided)
* HACCP (D)
* Time Served Apprentice (D)
40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7, 06:00 – 14:30 and 14:30 – 23.30/(Finish), Shifts Rotating Weekly
Overtime available most weekends. Must be willing to do overtime in our busy periods. Overtime paid at 1.5%.
* 30 Days Holidays (including bank holidays)
* Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
* Long Service Awards
* Health Cash Back Plan
* Cycle and Motor Vehicle Purchase Schemes
* Wellbeing Month
* Language Courses
* Free Onsite Parking
* Social Events
* Charity Events
* Training and Development
If you have the right skillset and experience and are looking for a new opportunity as a Maintenance Engineer then please click ‘APPLY’ or call Alex Stephens for a private and confidential chat.