Mechanical Design Engineer/Draughtsman
£38,000 – £40,000k (Depending on Experience)
Time Recruitment are currently assisting a market leading Precision Engineering business who due to growth and expansion are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer. The position offers a varied and interesting day to day role, and long term stability and security.
They are looking for a talented and experienced mechanical design engineer to join the team. They provide precision engineering and fabrication services to major manufacturers across the UK. They also offer a range of services from emergency breakdowns and routine maintenance to stock holding and bespoke design. Servicing continuous process manufacturers across a wide range of industries including food, drink, paper processing, printing, pharmaceutical, automotive, textiles and many more.
The successful candidate will be experience as a detailed draughtsman with a strong mechanical engineering background to join their team. This role requires the production of detailed drawings from customer samples. The ability to produce mechanical drawings for manufacture with associated machining tolerances included.
* Produce detailed drawings of customer samples – variety of components such as shafts, rollers, gears, assemblies, brackets, plates, guarding
* Produce mechanical drawings for manufacture liaising with other departments to provide technical support
* Provide modification drawings for customer components as per instructions
* Experience using SolidWorks
* Proven experience as a mechanical draughtsman in a manufacturing environment
* Understanding of machining tolerances for manufacture
* Experience working with different materials – ferrous and non-ferrous
* Have knowledge of manufacturing processes – CNC, manual machining and fabrication
* Ability to check and verify your own drawings
* Experience detailing components for the industries we work with – food, drink, paper processing, printing, pharmaceutical, textiles etc (if not all, then strong experience in a range of these industries)
* Comfortable with a fast-paced environment, where detailed drawings are required on a near daily basis to ensure the production timescales are met