Role: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Hours: Full time, Monday – Thursday 8am-5pm, Fridays, 8am-4.10pm
Reports to:Engineering Manager
Salary: up to £35,000 per annum, depending on experience
Time Recruitment Solutions are happy to be assisting a leading manufacturer who has been established for over 40 years. Due to continued growth they have recently moved to a larger state of the art facility in Carrington, Manchester.
They are a world-leading packaging supplier of climatic packaging solutions to manufacturers in a wide variety of industries and have recently become carbon neutral. Due to their growth year on year they are now looking for a skilled and experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join the business.
Within this role you will be tasked with maintaining the smooth operation of machinery within a manufacturing environment. You will be a vital part of a successful maintenance team, implementing improvement techniques and planning preventative maintenance.
This role would suit a qualified Electrical Engineer looking to join a growing company.
The multi-skilled Maintenance engineer will be responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery as part of the Engineering team at a Manufacturing site in Carrington. The maintenance engineer will report to the engineering manager. The overall aim is to improve the production facilities, minimise the incidence of machine breakdowns and also develop strategies to improve the overall reliability and safety of the manufacturing equipment and machinery. The Maintenance engineer is responsible for performing routine maintenance and organising repairs as and when required, dealing with emergency breakdowns urgently, calling in outside contractors when required, assisting with installing and commissioning new machinery and providing maintenance support to all departments as and when required.
The Role of Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer:
* Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer – (Electrically Biased)
* Electrical/Mechanical maintenance of heat sealing packaging machinery,
* Role will be a day shift 8am – 5pm Monday – Thursday, 8am – 4.10pm Friday
* Working within a small Engineering team. Reporting to the Engineering manager.
* Working on various projects
* Preparing, carrying out and recording weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual preventative maintenance schedules
* Dealing with emergency breakdowns urgently, calling in outside contractors when required
* Suggesting pro-active improvements to problems encountered
* Providing a hand sealer repair service to our customers
* Finding faults and resolutions
* Carrying out PAT Testing
* Ensuring that company system of purchase requisitions/orders is adhered to
* Dealing with property repairs and general onsite maintenance
* Any other reasonable request
* Occasional out of hours work when necessary to support breakdowns/urgent repairs
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
*Ideal candidates will have experience working as multi-skilled engineers in a maintenance role in an industrial environment.
*You must be able to attend to both Mechanical and Electrical maintenance tasks and additional training will be provided.
*Trained to Engineering apprenticeship standard
*Must be familiar with 110/240/415VAC – Single and 3-Phase electrics
*Must be able to read electrical drawings
*Pneumatics and Hydraulics
*Ability to fault find complex systems is essential
*Specific experience on electric overhead cranes and lifting systems together with good awareness of Health & Safety will be viewed favourably
*Able to work independently, on own initiative, and as part of a team
*Experience in factory and office electrical wiring
Desirable but not essential knowledge and experience:
*C&G 17th or 18th edition wiring regulations
*Fault finding and performing diagnosis on PLC equipment – Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi PLC
*Knowledge of PATS testing and statutory regulations
*MS Visio or AutoCAD – crating tech drawings
*Tools and die making – use of machine tools (lathe and milling machine)
Personal profile and key skills:
*Positive, dynamic, can do attitude and self-motivated
*Well organised and works well under pressure
*Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
*Full driving license / own transport desirable
*Organised and ability to multi-task
*Excellent attention to detail
*A good planner
*”Hands on” approach to all tasks
*Keen to learn
*Ability to approach problems in a methodical and logical manner
*Setting priorities taking into account short and long-term needs of the business