Multi skilled Maintenance Engineer
4 on 4 off (2 days 2 nights)
£50,000 – £55,000
Here at Time Recruitment Solutions we focus on placing our candidates into fantastic roles and this position is no exception.
The client in question was first established over 130 years ago and now has a global footprint with over 26 sites across 15 countries. As well as many achievements over the past years, they have also contributed to one the largest fast food manufactures globally.
About the role
Due to continued success and growth of 11% throughout 2021 the business are now in need of 3 experienced Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineers with an Electrical bias and PLC / Invertor experience.
FMCG experience is a must, food industry experience is desired.
* To diagnose faults, test, repair and maintain mechanical /electrical equipment and machinery to relevant Engineering standard using the relevant tools in a safe and proper manner and to agreed time schedules.
* To observe, recognise and report on machinery or component defects, symptoms of impending failure and report on condition, performance and plan of action for improvements.
* To interpret and implement technical service instruction data relating to machinery and equipment.
* Liaise with Maintenance and Operations staff to ensure assets are handed over in a timely, qualitative and operational running condition.
* Attend, prioritise and support through the site SIC process.
* Adhere to relevant Health and Safety procedures for engineering department.
* Adhere to Engineering, Food Safety, quality and product safety procedures.
* Adhere to legal, statutory regulations and environmental management procedures.
* To use the CMMS system effectively recording information accurately.
* Ensure compliance with current stores systems and to use the CMMS stores system to accurately issue out of spare parts and record all parts movements.
* Liaise with Engineering Planner on PM schedule – issues, priority etc.
* Liaise with Reliability team in development of maintenance routines, tasks etc.
* To raise appropriate requisition for replacement parts as required.
* To liaise with manufacturers of specialist machinery and equipment.
* Use and support simple 5WHY/RCA problem solving activities.
* Use and support departmental 5s programmes for workshops and engineering owned areas.
* Support Maintenance Improvement roadmap plan for site
* Review maintenance activities and identify opportunities to improve cost effectiveness
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
* Completed formal multi skilled apprenticeship in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering.
* Minimum of NVQ3/C&G/ONC level.
* At least 5 years post apprenticeship experience of Maintenance and fault finding activities in a fast-moving continuous manufacturing environment, preferably Food.
* CMMS knowledge.
* PLC/Inverter knowledge.
* Financial Bonus
* Shift Premium
* Medical Cover
* Life Insurance
* Income Protection
* Discount at multiple big brand outlets
* Free onsite meals (Canteen)